Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Dad Dick

This one is all about my step dad. His name is Richard but he has always been called Dick. You know how the name thing goes. He has been a part of my life since I was 4 years old. He and my Mom got married when I was 5 up by Paradise Cave. I remember their wedding and that it rained constantly while we were camping up there except for the 20 minutes when they actually got married. That was when the sun came out and shone so bright. I also remember that I got to wear "the coolest" dress that my mom's friend Cheryl made for me.
A few years ago, my step dad and my mom got a divorce. My dad has still been in my life and of course in my kids lives. He has been a part of my life for so long I really don't remember a whole lot without him. About 5 years a go he decided to move to Alaska and we have really been missing him. He comes down about once a year and most of these pictures are from last year's visit. Last year he and Riley made a pact that if he wanted to go visit grandpa he had to raise half of the money for a plane ticket. Well Riley leaves on Thursday and comes back in August! I will miss him so but I know he will have a great time with grandpa!

This picture helps reaffirm his nickname "Fish Dick!"
Some of the gold he has found on his claim in Alaska...Maybe Riley will get this lucky too!
Riley, Grandpa Dick, and Uncle Monte out in the Jones Hole/Browns Park area last summer.
Anika and Grandpa metal detecting at the park here in Vernal...
Dad teaching Riley how to "pan" in our front yard!
Dad up on his claim in Alaska using what I think is the dredge? maybe the sluice? Not sure which piece of equipment it is. Miss you Dad... Can't wait until we can see you again!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I nominated you for an award... go to my blog for details!